October 2, 2015S

Tonight was the last of our 'themed' dinners for this year!   The theme: Traditional French Canadian, hosted by Solange and Leo. 

We dressed for the occasion ......







My contribution was the appetizer, which is pictured here on the left.

Brie baked in puff pastry. My pastry had a tiny hole in it that I never noticed when I popped it into the oven, thus the spread of cheese.
But it was good anyway!







Solange was busy cooking all week preparing a host of homemade dishes traditionally served up on Christmas Eve. 

The whole meal deal!!! 





The table was set in anticipation of the wonderful food we were about to eat....  bring on the food!!












We started with pea soup. And I have to say it is probably the best pea soup I have ever eaten!








The main meal:  tourtiere, ham, turkey, dressing, potatoes & gravy, baked beans, carrots, fresh buns.....my oh my... we all ate way too much.  









But save room for the dessert. Doreen brought triffle ... yummy!



We had a great evening.  Steve brought the guitar and although he didn't play for very long we all had a very good time.  Thank you again Solange and Leo... you really set the bar high for the next season of "themed dinners"...

No comments: