September 21, 2015

Birthday Fun!  
Melody is 8 - unbelievable.....

A last minute decision and I was on the plane from Kelowna to Edmonton last Thursday. My wonderful daughter, Tammy, picked me up at the airport that afternoon. On Friday evening, my son Farren along with his girlfriend Jade and baby Violet drove down from Grimshaw. Saturday afternoon we all partook in Melody's birthday party. It was held at Centennial Park on Sylvan Lake.  What a beautiful day for an outside party. The sun was shining, and a good time was had by all, especially Melody. (Melody is Farren's eldest daughter and lives with her mom in Sylvan Lake. 





Melody loves her baby sister Violet.
What a lovely picture of my two beautiful granddaughters.
It was wonderful to spend this time with my kids and granddaughters. My grandson Tristan was unable to make it to his moms this weekend so it was disappointing not seeing him. But I got lots of cuddle time with the girls so that will have to tide me over until spring. 

 


My daughter and son chatting. It was a long day regardless of the fun. 


















Sunday morning photos ....


This is the first picture I have of Farren and his family. As much as most people hate to sit for photos I was happy to get them to sit still for a short time - even the dog Sasha sat still.



The weekend went by so fast it was almost a blurr.  


Melody, our little monkey, chillin on Sunday morning.


Aunty Tammy holding Violet, our little munchkin!




And I suppose you all think while I was off having fun I left Michel at home to tend to the mess in the yard....  not true.  

Michel took this time (Thursday to Monday) to spend in Kelowna with his parents. They are both 87 and still living in their own home. So he visited with them and helped them with whatever needed doing.  He was the chief cook and bottle washer for a few days, oh and don't forget taxi.... but he enjoyed it.  He said he cannot remember the last time he spent such quality time with them. Usually we're in and out inside of a day.  

No comments: