May 31, 2015

Yesterday we went a little south of the border to Colville, WA with Steve and Doreen. It was a lovely drive and we had a great day.  We did a little shopping had a great lunch then headed back in the early afternoon.  The weather in Colville was balmy. Sunny and humid!  
Who knew we were in for this kind of storm when we got back home....

The hail came down so fast and furious we didn't even have time to think! So we watched from our window as stones the size of marbles pelted my gardens and flowers.  





You've all heard of the movie "A River Runs Through It" (or something like that - lol)  Well.... here you have it. A little river running right through my yard and my gazebo,wreaking havoc in my flower beds.

I don't have to tell you that today most of my flowers and bushes look like they have a hang-over that they may not recover from. Thank goodness for evergreens - I still have a few plants that look good!

The greenhouses in the area will be busy (again) ... most of us thought we'd already bought all our plants for the season - 

that's all for now - thanks for reading!

No comments: