December 11, 2013

We spent two days at sea returning to Miami. where we did the usual "cruise' things: eat, lay around the pool, catch the show in the evening.....
But today was a real "hurry up and wait" day, beginning early. The cruise line asked that we try to be out of our staterooms by 8:30 am - and I know that sounds early, but they had a 4:00 departure time the same day and lots to do to get ready. So we were up early, had breakfast and were debarked by 9 am. 
Then we waited an hour for our shuttle to take us to the airport. Our flight wasn't until 4:15 so there wasn't any rush to get there, but we had nowhere else to go, so we waited at the airport for 5 hours.
 
That's not so bad, there's a lot of shops and stuff at the airport. We all managed to keep busy, reading, computer then lunch before we took off.  Then we had a 5 hour flight. As the flight wasn't full, we were able to move up to our own row. Michel had the window seat, so he took some pictures of Miami through the window. They turned out so nice I thought I'd share them.  
 
Once we were on the ground in Vegas, we went from 85 degrees to 35 degrees! It sure was cold.  Then we had a nice 1.5 hour drive to Bullhead City.  So in actual fact today, December 11th, 2013 was 26 hours long instead of 24 - It was a long day. and we were all very tired and glad to be home, in spite of the wind and the cold temperature.
 
 
 


2 comments:

Sandizona said...

Hey Fiesta Neighbors.....
I'm so happy to see your photos and read your blog!!! I have copied the link for the helmet dives and going to show "Santa"!!!
Now I'm wanting another cruise.
Better sit on Santa's lap and have a nice long wish list ready! (Santa flies in on the 19th) : )
Thanks for sharing !!
I'm going to take time later to read your other adventure stories! I think it might be fun to blog. I'll get tips from you two. : )

Sandizona said...

Hey Fiesta Neighbors.....
I'm so happy to see your photos and read your blog!!! I have copied the link for the helmet dives and going to show "Santa"!!!
Now I'm wanting another cruise.
Better sit on Santa's lap and have a nice long wish list ready! (Santa flies in on the 19th) : )
Thanks for sharing !!
I'm going to take time later to read your other adventure stories! I think it might be fun to blog. I'll get tips from you two. : )