March 04, 2020

My doll after the foil and half wrapped in tape.
Time for another Artsy Fartsy day! I feel so blessed that Maureen includes me (and Tina) in all her classes.  This time it was not painting, it was sculpting. Very small class this time. 

Beginning with a form which we made using wire we created the body, arms, legs and head then covered them with aluminum foil. 








Then we wrapped her in masking tape creating a mummy.












Then came the messy part. The doll was again completely wrapped in fabric, dipped in a bronze mud of sorts. 





(L to R) : 
Maureen's doll, Tina's doll, and my doll. 




It was certainly something I have never done before, but I can honestly say I would love to do again!!








Glennis, Maureen, Tina, Myself, Carol, Penny, Gail.






Maureen and Gail used a different brand of mud, thus theirs is a pinkish color rather than bronze. The picture on the right is all of us girls standing behind our creation.  Glennis's doll is not in the picture. 













No comments: