December 31, 2007

Happy New Year Everyone!!

On New Years Eve we left at 9:00 in the morning for a boat tour to Yalapa Bay. We spent about 2 hours on the boat getting there, stopping off to watch the whales. We took about a hundred pictures of the whales, but those darn things move too fast to get a good shot, so I'm not going to post any. When we arrived in the bay we had to be taxied to the shore, so that was an experience. Here is a shot of me when we got to shore.



But while on shore I had another experience - a first for me - para-sailing.

It was awesome - the ride - the view. It was all great. So here are two shots - the first one is my take-off.







This next one is me sailing in the sky -













After we returned from this full-day event we went down to the Melacon to share the New Years Eve festivities with thousands and thousands of tourists and Mexicans alike on what is classified as the biggest festival of the year in Puerto Vallarta. It was wonderful!! The fireworks display was nothing less than fantastic. We stood on the Melecon along with everyone else for hours before the fireworks display began but once they started - at midnight - we watched over 30 minutes of non-stop snap-crackle-popping. I think they must have their fireworks custom made, because they were unlike anything I've seen.... And we really outdid ourselves, we never got back to our room until 2:00 a.m. That's late for us - on a normal day we never see 11:00... Anyway, we said we weren't going to Puerto Vallarta to sleep - and we certainly didn't!!

1 comment:

Donna & Ray said...

Wow, how exciting is that! An adventure you'll never forget. It looks gorgeous there. I have spent New Year's Eve in Puerto Vallarta as well. Great memory. They really do it up fine, don't they?